Animation Tips and Tricks

This is the first of a sequence of tips, this one is about the "Only Key Changed Parameter" setting.

Remember you can open a gif in Preview and page through one frame at a time.

This also illustrates how Cheetah automatically smooths the tangents of three or more keyframes.

keyframing-01.gif

You can deselect key sets in the Keys or F-Curves windows.
If you click in the F-Curves window, Select All will select only key sets that are still visible.
If you click in the Keys window, Select All will select all key sets visible or not.

keyframing-02.gif

Hi Zoohead, I was happy to see that you opened an animation thread. So I was wondering if I could contribute a clever tip or trick as well. I thought about it for a long time and then I came up with… EXACTLY NOTHING. :(:rolleyes:

So I thought I could at least say thanks. Or someone else should say thank you:

Actually, I just wanted to try Lip Sync. I've never done that before and I don't know if I'll do it again unless I absolutely have to.... I have installed the Sound Loader Script for this purpose. But that only helps for a very rough orientation of when a sentence starts or ends. I then keyframed every second frame for one letter (at 24 fps) and that worked pretty well right away. I only created 4 different lip movements, because I thought it would be enough for testing purposes. I know it could be much better, but Marty still has to learn how to speak. And I don't mean only the lip movements... (I hope you can understand what he is saying.:giggle:)

Happy Easter to all of you! 🐰

Hi Zoohead, I was happy to see that you opened an animation thread. So I was wondering if I could contribute a clever tip or trick as well. I thought about it for a long time and then I came up with… EXACTLY NOTHING. :(:rolleyes:

So I thought I could at least say thanks. Or someone else should say thank you:

Actually, I just wanted to try Lip Sync. I've never done that before and I don't know if I'll do it again unless I absolutely have to.... I have installed the Sound Loader Script for this purpose. But that only helps for a very rough orientation of when a sentence starts or ends. I then keyframed every second frame for one letter (at 24 fps) and that worked pretty well right away. I only created 4 different lip movements, because I thought it would be enough for testing purposes. I know it could be much better, but Marty still has to learn how to speak. And I don't mean only the lip movements... (I hope you can understand what he is saying.:giggle:)

Happy Easter to all of you! 🐰
That was great, Lydia!

Back