Help needed (Bending / Twisting?)

For some reason I can't bend a tube like model like this, would somebody be so nice and show me how THX
Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 10.03.30 AM.png

* Hi Charles
* I suggest that a sweep may be the preferable solution.
* This gives you control of any of the points on the axis of the cable.
* I simply used a 360° helix with 4 sections and edited the end points.
* If any animation is planned, you can point record the spline to have the cable curl or uncurl.

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 07.43.35.png

THX Helmut but sorry i need some (or combination) of modifiers to apply. If only I could upload the .jas file but it gives an error saying the file (zipped) is too large ?? (only 898 KB)

* This seems to be just a catheter plus an outer inflatable tubule and some serrated ridges which hold it in place when sitting in an artery or vein. As such, modelling that from scratch should be rather trivial.
* There is a great script (from Hiroto, I guess) which allows flowing meshes onto a spline. This predefined spline, in your case, would be the path of the blood vessel to be treated. Not sure if this script is, indeed, called spline wrap or something else. I often rename scripts.

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 09.19.12.png

Here is the Java script, if needed.
Hierarchy: Script + spline + mesh

Attachments

• Spline Wrap.js.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 117
* You are welcome
* Applying a bulge to the serrenator to animate the operation in a vessel is quite trivial and can be simply animated.

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 09.49.02.png

I would be inclined do the bend using character animation tools (i.e. skeleton). The bulge could be modeled using modifiers if so desired, but the flexibility of being able to use joints to pose the bend seems like the way to go to me.

* Blood vessels are largely static constructs. Major traumata and associated surgery are, of course, an exception.
* To model these vessels, be they arteries or veins, splines are most likely already existing to generate a network of tubules. As such, tweaking serrenators on the basis of preexisting splines seemed - to me - the simple solution.

* Needless to say, deploying linear joints for animation is a valid alternative.
* Some time ago I have modelled processes of complex open-heart surgery and used the very method suggested by @podperson. In some of these cases the heart is basically reconstructed (with reduced efficiency) using the bits which are useful and can be made functional.

Back