Energy orb, Power Node animation

Cheetah's material node system is so versatile, you can even animate individual nodes.

You just have to select the Node you want to animate and
Right Click on the Record Button to see what can be animated.

For this test I have two objects, one sphere and one truncated icosahedron.

The Energy Orb material is applied to the sphere and the
Rainbow Brightwire material is applied to the polyhedra.

The polyhedra's rotation is animated and must be inside the sphere to render correctly.
The sphere is not animated here, but two of the Energy Orb material's Nodes are individually animated.

The Energy Orb material has two Power Nodes, one determines the size of the central circle in the Diffuse channel.
The other determines the size of the circle of opacity in the Transparency channel.

I placed this in front of an HDR tone mapped image to see how the transparency works.

You can earn a buck with that turning it into a NFT (nifty) Its hot at the moment when you manage to creata 10.000 different versions of it

(before diving into nfts, one maybe should inform oneself about the possible environmental aspects concerning the energy use (depending on the crypto currency they are based on), on gas fees and on the simple fact, that most artists actually lose money when trying to make money. It maybe works if you have a million followers on instagram or youtube. Otherwise ... In my personal view it's one of the dumbest recent developments which says a lot as there are countless very, very dumb ones around already ...)

Blockbrain and Clipto currency aside I rewired my original
Energy Orb Material, eliminating a Power Node.

So now only one Power Node is animated, and drives the Transparency Channel
directly as before, but also drives the Diffuse Channel through the Gradient Filter.

EO rewired.jpg

This one is multiple rendered clips comped in PS.

Back