Any Experience about printing a Uv-Map???

SibAZ

hello,
I don't know if it's been ask before, but I searched in the whole Internet and don't found anything.
I have such problems.
I have a obj. file with an UV map ready to export.

Later on I want print the UV map in real size as the 3d model is. The UV map is about to get printed for a sticker wrap.
Now it's been raised a problem that the islands, if I messure the island later in photoshop are not in the real length. The proportions of the islands are correct. The measures are just to small.
Now can anywho please give a hint how to export a UV map in real scale as the 3d model for printing?
It's a serious problem and I can't find a solution. Meanwhile I can't produce so I would be very grateful

No idea how the UVs look, but you can save the UV template (square) to PDF (containing vector data) and scale it to whatever size you need. However, this does not take into account differences in edge length of different islands. That´s based on how the mesh is unwrapped originally.

I exported the file as png first, but this cracks up the measures. But also in svg it's messed up the right measures and I don't know why. because the lengths of the model are accurate.
my thought was that svg uses the exact messuares from the parts 1 to 1. but its smaller too.

You can compress it for an upload.
The PDF contains SVG which stands for "Scalable Vector Graphics" which means you can scale it to whatever size you need unless it´s a square. ;-)
ScreenshotAlienUVsTemplatePDF.jpg

Last edited:
Back