Is there a way t export a to size drawing of a Cheetah 3d file?

Is there a way t export a to scale drawing of a Cheetah 3d file? I have 3d models that are too large to print in one piece so I split some into 3 separate parts each and will dowel and glue them. Two of the others are a bit too large to split apart... can I export a to scale drawing to of Cheetah 3d so I can make them out of wood?

Is there a way t export a to scale drawing of a Cheetah 3d file? I have 3d models that are too large to print in one piece so I split some into 3 separate parts each and will dowel and glue them. Two of the others are a bit too large to split apart... can I export a to scale drawing to of Cheetah 3d so I can make them out of wood?
I put my model in Top View and put a plane in, scaling it to fix the boundaries exactly. Then I took a screenshot and brought it into Photoshop where I scaled it to size in mm. Close enough for me.

Not really - I guess you´ll need to Boolean Intersect with a cube that has the max size of what your printer can handle. I´d try this:
make duplicate the model till you got 3 pieces.
Generate a cube/box large enough for one third of the - duplicate the box
Take Boolean-Creator and add 1 mesh+box to it set to "Intersect". Copy+paste into a new empty file - make Boolean editable and export to printable file format regarding printer specs.
Back to original file snap a duplicated box one story up and repeat Boolean/Copy+Paste etc. and one last time
All parts won´t intersect an need glueing.
PrintinSteps.png

PS.: with your second message I´m confused now. I thought you´re talking about 3d-printing.

Back