C3D + macOS Big Sur 11.6 = blank screen

Is the latest version of C3D compatible with macOS 11.6 on a 2019 MacBook Pro? I just upgraded from 7.4.8 to 7.5.1 and all I get is a blank window in modeling view.

Strange. It is compatible with BigSur and runs on M1 as well in Rosetta2. Have you tried any example files already?
Just opened Alien Walk sample, and I get the same thing. The objects are there in the object viewer panel, and both stills and animations render just fine, but the modeling viewport is blank...

c3d-alien-walk.png

Just opened Alien Walk sample, and I get the same thing. The objects are there in the object viewer panel, and both stills and animations render just fine, but the modeling viewport is blank...

Figured it out! If C3D is launched with my iPad Pro connected via Sidecar as a 2nd display (which it always is), then the issue occurs. If I launch C3D without the external display attached, everything is fine. I can even reattach the external display after launching C3D, and everything seems to work.

So it's a bit of an inconvenience, but it can be worked around.

View attachment 37781

Shotster,
I have no idea of the root cause of the issue and have not experience the issue - But, perhaps the following might work and reset the viewport...

1) Right click the "3D View" tab and select "Delete View" - screenshot 1 below...
2) Then Right click in and empty spot in the tab bar area and select "Add Tab" - screenshot 2....
3) Then Right click the new tab and select "3D View" - screenshot 3.

I'm guessing this fix attempt probably won't work, but it's worth a try.

Screenshot1.png
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot3.png

If C3D is launched with my iPad Pro connected via Sidecar as a 2nd display (which it always is), then the issue occurs.

Quick follow-up... Actually, it's when opening a file in C3D (not just launching C3D) with my iPad Pro connected that the issue occurs. So, it's more of an inconvenience than I thought, but can still be worked around. Just have to disconnect the external display before opening a 3D file.

Shotster,
I have no idea of the root cause of the issue and have not experience the issue - But, perhaps the following might work and reset the viewport...

1) Right click the "3D View" tab and select "Delete View" - screenshot 1 below...
2) Then Right click in and empty spot in the tab bar area and select "Add Tab" - screenshot 2....

View attachment 37782View attachment 37783View attachment 37784

.... I just posted this while you were posting the fix you found.... I'll leave this post up, in case what I noted might work for when your iPad is connected.

Shotster,

Didn't work, @BTT1024, but thanks for the help. It's definitely related to having my iPad Pro connected as an external display.

Back