copy movement to another skeleton

hitchio

hello!
how do i copy the complete movement of the skeleton to another skeleton
without marking the keyframes of each bone and transferring them to the target bones
via copy/paste. that would be very tedious and confusing.
is there a script for how to transfer it all at once?
you can download this example from here:
thanks for help!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-20 um 15.03.59.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-20 um 15.03.59.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 141
Hi.
In essence it should work the same way as we assign bvh-motion capture data to joint hierarchies: 1. Copy&paste the skeleton-tag
2. add to new character
3. find T-pose in Animation and bind to skeleton. Should work - in theory. Will check with your attachment when back on Mac.

* On a tangent:
* It seems to me that some aspects of your skeletal animation could be significantly tidied up / simplified.
* You record parameters which are static, eg scale.
* You record parameters at every frame where a spline based / linear interpolation should suffice.

:unsure: Of course, you may have a good reasons to do so.

* I have assumed that this is a download. My comments were simply meant to point out redundant "overkills" in the source document. You are probably stuck with those, as this applies to all joints.

1632154158678.png

* If, for any future projects, you wanted to animate skeletal movements in C3D you may want to look at the sample "Alien walk" for spline based interpolation.
1632154420077.png

@Helmut This is how motion capture data usually looks like.
Again:
disable active skeleton-tag
go frame "0" of the recorded animation - enable hierarchy key-framing.
place skeleton to mesh as good as possible
now the tedious part; adjust the skeleton to match joint hierarchy inside the mesh - when done with the T-Pose record keyframe "0".
add new skeleton-tag to mesh
select "CC_Base_Hip" (ignore "CC_Base_BoneRoot") and drag it into Skeleton-tag Properties
hit Bind mesh: OK - wait a sec till it´s done
hit play button:
AnimationTransfer.gif

ok. thanks - i tried it out. the principle is clear to me now. the tedious work is to position the bones exactly like the original skeleton. if some of them don't fit exactly, you can see that in the movement.

thank you for your advice and tips

Back