Finger Curl

Is there an easy way to do a finger curl? I'd like to select the bones in a finger then curl them in any direction.

The only thing that remotely works is select all the bones and click the tiny arrows in the rotation boxes. It's tedious and the bones only curl very slightly.

I hope I've explained this properly!

Thanks.
Bob

Maybe like so?
Only the position of the ball (target) is recorded: 5 keyframes
IKtargetRec.gif

Last edited:
I was thinking more of an FK solution. If I select all the bones and scroll the rotation input, the finger will curl. I was looking for an easier way of selecting and rotating the bones.

They all line up fine. You can't easily grab, say, the root bone and curl the rest. You can grab them all and curl through the rotation transform menu, but that's a bit cumbersome.

Looking at this screen shot, if I choose all my comtrollers and click in a rotation field and scroll, I get the bones to move in succession. Is there an easier way of doing this? Selecting the controllers as a unit maybe and rotate or "curl" them directly in the viewport?

Attachments

• finger-curl-rotation.png
    finger-curl-rotation.png
    430.1 KB · Views: 160
They all line up fine. You can't easily grab, say, the root bone and curl the rest. You can grab them all and curl through the rotation transform menu, but that's a bit cumbersome.
I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but maybe the script F-Curve controller would help you. With it, you can rotate the root bone and the other two will automatically rotate with it. You just have to keyframe the root bone controller. Because it's a tag, you can turn it on and off as needed for each finger.
f_curve_controller.gif
f_curve_controller.png

I have used that in the past. I was just wondering if there were another way to do that just using Cheetah with no scripts.

Back