usdz import/export

Apple's Motion and AR tools use usdz for as its 3d model format. It would be great if I could create and edit usdz models easily in Cheetah 3d without conversion tools. (note this was mentioned in the "morph animation data" request thread, but I thought this was a cleaner request for this feature)

YES! I was about to suggest this but you beat me to it back in April, 2021. I'm a Motion user and it would be great if we can model in Cheetah3d and do the animation & rendering in Motion.

YES! I'm also a motion user and Cheetah 3D support for this format would be huge... might expand the user base for Cheetah 3D?!

I have used Motion sparingly for special effects not / not easily available in C3D. I agree that a productive USDZ interface would be of great benefit. @MobileDude may be correct as both applications are Apple Mac tools. A synergy may increase the user base, but I have no idea about the complexity of such a tool.

In this thread Martin wrote (with my emphasis added): “PBR shaders definitely makes it easier to exchange materials with file formats like glTF or USDZ which use PBR shaders as their default materials. Once the Metal version is done I want to look into these file formats to get a solid WYSIWYG workflow."

Now that Cheetah3D version 8 with native ARM and Metal support has come out I think that USDZ import/export is more important than ever. Please @Martin, could you look into this?

Back