Perfect Threads

Here's some old wooden threads.

Wood Threads.jpg

Wood Threads 02.jpg

I have these little multi threaded adapters, you can just
see the top of it spinning around in the previous post.
It has three different threads:

5/8”-27 Outside
3/8”-16 Inside
1/4”- 20 inside

It also has a slot on both sides big enough for a US quarter.
Should be a fun challenge to build this one.

Over time my method evolves as I keep trying to improve, simplify and increase accuracy.
This is my most recent evolution, following engineering drawings as closely as I can.

threadmaker.gif

Hi Eric

This originally popped up on Pinterest and I thought you might be interested in it for your reference catalogue.

threads.jpg

I have removed the link although I'm pretty sure the copyright has expired for these illustrations, but that doesn't mean that someone is claiming them. This is a scheme, by the way; print copyright-free images on non-aging paper with lightfast pigment ink and sell them for quite a bit of money. 10 out of 10 points for minimum own effort and maximum profit.

I have removed the link although I'm pretty sure the copyright has expired for these illustrations, but that doesn't mean that someone is claiming them. This is a scheme, by the way; print copyright-free images on non-aging paper with lightfast pigment ink and sell them for quite a bit of money. 10 out of 10 points for minimum own effort and maximum profit.
Yeah, I’m not sure how copyright works For republished works. I imagine that if you had an original copy, you could clean it up and sell copies and have a degree of copyright on your cleaned up images. That wouldn’t stop someone else who has an original copy from doing the same thing or even sharing/giving copies away for free. Old books that are out of copyright are often republished, with the publishers claiming copyright, but I thought that would only apply to their facsimile of the original, and not the original itself. I’m only guessing though.

It's kind of a gray area. It can always be that heirs have made a claim, but nobody knows about it. As long as it is not declared as free, I would have doubts. Dover Books is such a case; they publish books with historical content + DVD, but forbid you to produce products from the samples because they have made the digitization. Pretty dumb argument in my eyes.

Back