Point lamp adjustments.

But this is a contradiction to the concept of physical based rendering (PBR). Now I'm not sure what you expect from this in your scene. What's wrong with it?
Well, I would like to see my scene illuminated without seeing the emissive in the same way that one does not see the lamps that illuminate the scene ... By the way it is possible in Blender ...

Not sure how this could work except you're talking about HDRI lighting maybe - which won't work with your scene as it is a closed "room".
Otherwise you can exclude the "emissive plane" from the camera reception via a render tag:
ExcludeEmmisivePlane.jpg

* You can toggle off (or animate) any component of a material. As does Ellen M, I wonder what your purpose is. If you define it and turn it off, you may as well just dump it.
* I may misunderstand your posting #19.

Is it possible to make the emissive invisible in the rendering ?
An Area light source can be set to different shapes (plane, sphere, etc) and set to be either visible in renders or not. There is an issue about staying hidden when viewed through a transparent object, though.

Try adding a Render Tag to your emissive object and unchecking "Visible in Camera".
EmissiveHiddenObj.jpg

Last edited:
If you go this way, a useful trick is to make your Emissive material super-charged using the Node Editor. Instead of just using the color picker for the Shader's Emissive property, feed it a value from a Color Node that has an intensity of more than 1.

An Area light source can be set to different shapes (plane, sphere, etc) and set to be either visible in renders or not. There is an issue about staying hidden when viewed through a transparent object, though.

Try adding a Render Tag to your emissive object and unchecking "Visible in Camera".
View attachment 37281
Thank you !

Back