A Fleet of Star Destroyers....

Exits hyperspace!

Whilst not my favourite Star Wars ships they are probably easier than my favourites.

I have made numerous attempts at Star Destroyers over the years, although they have issues this is the best.
So still struggling with the symmetry modifier, and I couldn't decided if I should add additional objects for the shield domes and engines or attempt to "extrude" them from the main shape.
The spine is all wrong as is the bridge, but you do get the impression so I am pleased with my progress.

fleet.png

The engine issue is solved select quad, cover, catmull-clark subdivide a number of times. I can probably do the same for the shield generators.

Last edited:
Thank you :) I totally agree references are good :) These will help out when I next revisit the Star Destroyers :).

For the record I did make some use of references, that is why I know I messed up the spine and the bridge. That was a combination of unforced errors, and poor technique, but much like with those show like The Great British Bake Off, I am being strict and presenting what I have at the end of the day (for there is no chance I am building anything in an hour, let alone 10 minutes.... at least just yet).

At some point rendering needs to be added to the toolbox too :)

Back