Please: I need some help and or solution to my UNSHARP view

Is there a way to improve the sharpness of an imported image in preview mode. I have got some PDF as a guide to model a house but its hard to read when imported, either as an image or in blue print mode

* I hit the button "download original image" in your posting. This produces a PNG with 4.2MB, approximately 84cmx60cm, which is sufficiently sharp for processing.
* You can then fiddle the size in Preview and get individual full screen (iMac 27) plans / sections / elevations which are perfectly readable and focussed.

Last edited:
* I hit the button "download original image" in your posting. This produces a PNG with 4.2MB, approximately 84cmx60cm, which is sufficiently sharp for processing.
* You can then fiddle the size in Preview and get individual full screen (iMac 27) plans / sections / elevations which are perfectly readable and focussed.
Thx Helmut but sorry I still cant read the numbers with my imported PNG

* What I get using the flat drawings:
Plan 1.png

* @Charless, Please test: What do you get when you shuffle the attached material, Plan SemiDet 01, into the relevant C3D folder and use it on a plane?
* Fairly boring housing plan for a toroidal planet:
Plan 3.png

Attachments

• Plan SemiDet 01.c3dmat.zip
    110.5 KB · Views: 187
* No idea.
* I simply used your link (in posting #1) and hit the button in the tool bar to download. This generates a 3.4MB .PNG. I then just made a partial screen shot of the 1st story plan and used that in an image for a default material.
* The image will need to be tweaked a bit to fit a useful 300mm grid. If you use it on a construction plane or as a blueprint is up to your modus operandi.
* :mad::sick: I can't upload the original PNG as it is far too large.

* For a start, can you show / or explain what you get when hitting the download button? What is the size of the .PNG which is created on the base of the plans by Theo Verburg Architecten?

Also I think Cheetah has some type of bitmap image resolution setting, but I’m not sure if has anything to do with this issue or not. I’m on my phone now, so would have to look into it later.

Since Helmut has it working on his end, there must be a problem in the steps you are taking.

I “cheat” most of the time with floor plans in the rare time I need to use them. I either get the vector art from a pdf (if they contain them), or i redraw the basic floor plan in Illustrator and then import the svg from that. Of course someone doing a lot of ArchViz, this may not be very practical.

Back