macOS Big Sur 11.0 ßeta

:rolleyes: I have recently installed macOS Big Sur 11.0 ßeta on an iMac, late 2014.
:unsure: Minor and preliminary testing with Cheetah 3D has been without any problems / glitches. If I stumble upon any weird hiccups I will add to this thread.

:devilish: Oops: C3D crashes on rendering an animation. CPU load creeps up to 380% (as per activity monitor), the fans simulate an Airbus on take off and then :poop: rigor mortis.
:sick: This happens quite consistently on .jas models of different volumes / complexity.

:devilish: Crashes may happen after 5 frames or after 20 seconds of rendering (same .jas model).
:unsure: The editor seems to run an animation without problems. Rendering a single frame also appears to function faultlessly.

:alien: Unless you want to significantly increase your consumption of alcohol and other psychedelic pharmaceutica: Do not currently install Big Sur ßeta.

(somehow I can't give you a like when you encounter such trouble, but thanks for the info. The transition to arm doesn't seem as free of problems as they made us hope).

:unsure: After further tests:
* I can generate a C3D crash, almost at will, by starting Safari in the middle of a C3D render. Similar crashes can be engineered via iMovie, time machine and a few more. The activity monitor shows a wobble in the CPU load for the system and the C3D process takes an instant nose dive.
* If I render an animation and leave the Mac alone, this sometimes seems to work without problems.

* It may be that macOS Big Sur 11.0 ßeta currently has a major problem managing / balancing the CPU between processes. Unfortunately, I cant make sense out of the crash report. I hope that the wise gurus & guruesses in Cupertino (who should have received a few dozen by now) know better.

Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 08.00.53.png

Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 08.30.42.png

Hi Helmut,
sorry for the late reply. If you have a crashlog please mail it to me and I will have a look into it.

OS BigSur auto-installed on my MacBook Air and now Cheetah won't open. What are my options?

See attached pics. Thanks!

Attachments

• Cheetah crash #2.jpg
    Cheetah crash #2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Cheetah crash #3.jpg
    Cheetah crash #3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 186
* Make sure that you use the last version published by Martin. I had major problems with frequent crashes using the macos Big Sur, but they all vanished with the last update of C3D.

Thank you. I went to the website, and I don't see a way to update. Does that mean I have to purchase again?

Because I can't open Cheetah 3D I can't retrieve my serial #. Whats a guy to do?

Thanks!

@dennis
* I just performed an update (button on the front page of the C3D website). There was no requirement to re-enter the license number.

Back