Select visible not visible?

I was hoping the select tool would select the same vertex on the opposite side of the object if I un-ticked visible tick box off.
But this is not the case. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.
Selection.jpg
Selection.jpg

:sleep: Good Midnight, Uncle Bob
* Same here on a single point select.
* If does select the vertices on the back when I deploy an area select.
Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 07.15.22.png

:unsure: Strange:
* On a cube C3D does select some (but not all) of the invisibles on the rear face.
* The area selection still works properly, though.
Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 07.39.15.png

Last edited:
* Same for a fractal object:
* 2 of the selected points select all the invisible ones to the rear, the other two do not.
Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 07.59.05.png

It helps to click and drag over the point or click twice for polygons.
The first click selects the first closest poly and the second selects the rest.

* Double clicks and drags seem to improve the hit rate, but it does not consistently reach 100%. Under the circumstances, an area select may be preferable as it appears to work always.
:sick: Unfortunately, an area select is no proper alternative for edges and polys as it includes orthogonal geometry in the frame.

:unsure: There also may exist a differential logic between double clicks and mousey drags on edge selects. In the case of a simple fractal cube a double click gets the front and the back edges only (shown on the 2nd level), whilst a drag selects the additional 2 intermediate edges (shown on the 1st level). On a poly select there is no such difference notable.
:oops: Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice in the scribblings of a mathematician, the late Lewis Carroll.

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 14.26.26.png

Back