Camera export in FBX files

Scrant

Hi, am I crazy or are cameras NOT exported out to FBX files? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this to work if it's enabled. The lack of an option in the File section of preferences for cameras in FBX Export does not fill me with confidence however. I thought this was going to be added long ago? Definitely needed if not. Please advise. Thanks much!

Right, so does anyone from Cheetah3D reply to these forums? Is this going to be added? Again, I thought this was to be added long ago based on other threads I've read from the past. Seems like a very basic thing one would need from an FBX export.

First, welcome to the forum.
There's only one Programmer/owner, and these days everything takes longer.
I don't usually export to FXB, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will eventually give an answer.

I'm actually quite surprised by this! Camera animation is an important part of a scene.
I can confirm it's not in C3Dv8 either.
Hopefully soon is right!
-- Shift Studio.

I'm actually quite surprised by this! Camera animation is an important part of a scene.
I can confirm it's not in C3Dv8 either.
Hopefully soon is right!
-- Shift Studio.

Hello,
I certainly have no first-hand knowledge, but with the announcement of C3D 8.1 beta, Martin wrote, with my emphasis

==

“Cheetah3D 8.1 will mainly focus on USDZ import and export. I already have support for object hierarchies, meshes, cameras and materials (including PBR shader). "

And

"-added support for USDZ import/export (no animation yet)
-added support for SCN export (no animation yet)"

and

"-upgraded FBX SDK to v2020.3.4"

==

So…

It would seem that animated objects (including cameras) imported/exported to/from USDZ and exported to SCN are on the list of features for 8.1, but are not in current beta.

Does the current FBX SDK (new in C3D 8.1 beta) include support for exporting/importing animated cameras?

If it does, perhaps there is hope for animated camera export to FBX.

Cheers,
gsb

Hello,
I certainly have no first-hand knowledge, but with the announcement of C3D 8.1 beta, Martin wrote, with my emphasis

==

“Cheetah3D 8.1 will mainly focus on USDZ import and export. I already have support for object hierarchies, meshes, cameras and materials (including PBR shader). "

And

"-added support for USDZ import/export (no animation yet)
-added support for SCN export (no animation yet)"

and

"-upgraded FBX SDK to v2020.3.4"

==

So…

It would seem that animated objects (including cameras) imported/exported to/from USDZ and exported to SCN are on the list of features for 8.1, but are not in current beta.

Does the current FBX SDK (new in C3D 8.1 beta) include support for exporting/importing animated cameras?

If it does, perhaps there is hope for animated camera export to FBX.

Cheers,
gsb
Thanks gsb! I'll be watching this. I personally don't know anything about newest FBX SDK. We'll se how it goes.
-- shift studio.

Back