How to export Sequential OBJ animation from Cheetah to AE Element3D?

Hi friends,
is it possible to export Sequential OBJ animation from Cheetah to AE Element3D? Has any one figured it out?

Best regards

Michael

mmmh - I´m under the impression it´s for importing sequenced OBJs and not for Exporting:
It's Cheetah3D's polygon script for importing sequential OBJ files into the scene.
So we're as smart as ever.

Cheers
Frank

If you are right, my problem is the script which is in written version. I need that. Am I right? That what I understood when I read that thread. crgreen wrote the code.

Hi Michael.
When we read Hiroto´s intro quite carefully:
hello,
here is polygon script for importing sequential OBJ files. I made for using blender's fluid files with Cheetah3D.
It´s quite clear it´s not for export.

Cheers
Frank

Yes but crgreen wrote in that thread:

Little obj sequence exporter script

JasonNunley said:
Is there a script to export obj sequences from Cheetah? I am needing to export from cheetah to import into AE cs6 via Element 3d Plugin. The plugin allows for obj sequence import.

Thank you,

Jason
[edit: cleaned it up a bit, cosmetically. sorry about the sound file thing -- commented out line that plays sound; maybe someone might like to customize this. I enjoy it.]

Here's one! I've been using that Element3D sequence feature a lot lately.

Save as Export OBJ Sequence.js in /Scripts/Tool/ THAT LINK IS NOT ACTIVE FOR ME, AND CODE BELOW I CAN'T CHANGE TO SCRIPT TO DOWNLOAD, BECAUSE OF MY LACK OF CODING SKILLS.

Code:
function buildUI( tool ) { / etc etc

Cheers

Michael

Last edited:
Problem...
I opened TextEdit, paste scrip into it, and saved the TextEdit with end - js not RTF. Then I posted that file to the Tools in Cheetah. When I tried to use the script in project I got:
Javascript Error:
Error: Invalid escape in identifier: '\'
Line: 1
Stack: undefined()

Am I doing some simple error, or it is something with the script, and then I shall have knowledge with the scripting, which I have not.

OK,
thank you. It helped :) Now I can see the script and I tried to export animation, it exported all frames but it looks like all frames are without animation / it is wind and flag animation. Hm. I have to stop now. I will continue in the evening.

Thank you Helmut for your kind help.

Cheers

Michael

Last edited:
Back