Render Change Log

Render Change Log

I make MANY test renders when setting up materials and lighting. Usually, I will change one parameter and re-render. If the render manager could somehow keep track of the changes I made from one render to another, it would be great!

Right now, I make notes of the changes and number them with the corresponding number of the image in the render manager and use it to compare the different versions. It would really help if I could see the changes made right on the screen. And yes, I would only like to see the changes made, not necessarily all of the values. Or, if all the values were displayed, maybe somehow highlight the ones that changed.

The fast speed and high quality of the renderer are what sold me on Cheetah. I have to admit, I'm being spoiled by the amount of renders I can get done in the time it would take Blender to render one image. :)

EDIT: Martin, I realize this is probably a lot to ask, but it is a wish list, so I'm hopeful. :)

Last edited:
I make MANY test renders when setting up materials and lighting. Usually, I will change one parameter and re-render. If the render manager could somehow keep track of the changes I made from one render to another, it would be great!

Right now, I make notes of the changes and number them with the corresponding number of the image in the render manager and use it to compare the different versions. It would really help if I could see the changes made right on the screen. And yes, I would only like to see the changes made, not necessarily all of the values. Or, if all the values were displayed, maybe somehow highlight the ones that changed.

The fast speed and high quality of the renderer are what sold me on Cheetah. I have to admit, I'm being spoiled by the amount of renders I can get done in the time it would take Blender to render one image. :)

EDIT: Martin, I realize this is probably a lot to ask, but it is a wish list, so I'm hopeful. :)

If you need to see previous renders, click on the open job manager within the render manager.

Andrew

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 370
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I use the job manager constantly. What Ilm asking for is for it to keep track of changes to settings from render to render so I don't have to do it manually.

This feature would be nice.

In the same trend, I'd like to be able to save in one operation all the selected images from the render manager (with the same settings and the render number in the name).

I tend to share many "temporary" renders (images) - different angles, object or render settings. The previously mentionned change information could be saved in the "info" of the image file...

Cheers,

p*

Pierre,

That's a GREAT suggestion! Being a photographer I us EXIF and IPTC aware applications to manage my renders and textures. If the info could be written into the IPTC fields it would really be a great addition.

Back