Extrude faces without adjacent ones

Hi, I'm having a spot of trouble figuring out how to extrude faces within any geometry.

I can select the faces and pull outward but the adjacent faces also move in the same direction.

Attached is an example of what I am referring to.

I only want to extrude selected faces - such as the two shown here.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 10.05.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 10.05.39 PM.png
    279.9 KB · Views: 259
Select the planes you want to extrude, then select the Extrude Tool you'll find at Tools > Polygons > Extrude.

If you need to constrain the extrusion to a specific length, set the Quantize value in the Tool: Extrude panel to an appropriate increment value. I'm not sure why the default angle is set to 89.0° instead of 90.0°. Now, you can click anywhere on the 3d View and drag right to pull, left to push. Be careful not to double click or forget to select some other function (like the Pointer in the toolbar) before you click again, so that you turn the extrude function off.

I for myself recommend the use of the "Cover-tool" respectively its hotkey equivalent:
Cover+Bevel.gif

And while we´re here and it looks to me like kind of mounting platform I beveled the edges.

I'm not sure why the default angle is set to 89.0° instead of 90.0°.
89° will work here no question - but you can always define-the-default (angle) by yourself by hitting the factory icon:
mwFactory Kopie.png

But 90° is still to low in this case:
90°.png

and this case:
parallelogram.png

needs this °:
125°.png

Cheers
Frank

Back