Upgrade?

Hi, this could be a long one...
I bought V6 from the MAS when it was first introduced and have used it on my MacBook Pro ever since - until the day the MacBook died.
So I got a new MacBook Pro, downloaded V6 from my account on the MAS and all is well again.
However I tried the V7 demo and I would like to upgrade. Question is, because this is a new machine would I have to buy V7 in full or can I just get the upgrade?

I think Martin is pretty sensible and pretty fair with licensing. I believe 1 licence is valid for 2 computers, so long as they are not used at the same time.

By all means check with Martin, but I'm near 100% certain that all you need is an upgrade.

I really think it would still count as one computer, since the license is being migrated by the App Store to the new machine and the old one is no longer working and never going to be used again, but of course that should be checked directly with Martin.

I really think it would still count as one computer, since the license is being migrated by the App Store to the new machine and the old one is no longer working and never going to be used again, but of course that should be checked directly with Martin.

Yes, I think that's right. I was merely pointing out the 2 computers because in my years of experience it doesn't seem to be well known.

At any rate, the current upgrade price of $49 USD is an absolute steal, and IMO, the best value 3D upgrade anywhere. And if I've read the website correctly, that price applies for any older version, not just the recent ones.

What you might don´t be aware of is that Apple don´t share any app-store customer data with the developers - which makes it difficult to verify any licenses - but I´m sure Martin has already a solution for this kind of transfer/upgrade way.

Cheers
Frank

Back