Cartoonish trees (wip)

joel ruiz c

Starting a new project that has to be done in a little more than a week from now, hopefully.

I'm wondering what would be the best way to add foliage to these trees. I want it to look cartoonish, but have detail. Any ideas?

Something I've been tinkering with that might work for you. Meant to be viewed at a distance, playing with scale, but kinda cartoonish/illustrative, and distorting a primitive shape like a torus comes up with pretty good coverage.

LeafTest.jpgLeafTestObjects.jpg

Attachments

• Leaf Test.zip
    365.3 KB · Views: 289
I went with the crumple modifier to distort a half sphere and use that as the base for the particle mesh. I'm still playing with the settings.

Just a different render of the same thing.

The sign is just a placeholder in order to have something to focus on. I like the bokeh (quality of the out of focus areas) in the leaves farther away from the camera.

BTW I feel that the brightness of the forum makes for a bad frame for the renders, I'm so used to dark mode now lol..

Thanks Frank, I didn't try the Chain creator. I tried the particle spline but it's so basic that it's of little use and then found Hiroto's script. I thought of the chain creator later but I was able to do it with the script so I didn't try, thanks for showing me it's possible with it.

Back