Forger

That's handy. I'll have to check this out. Thanks
It's really worth it. I'm sure that compared to Zbrush this app is basic, but for a tablet wow.. very powerful. I use the 11" 256GB iPad Pro (4Gb RAM), but the software works with iPhones and even iPods. Of course, the limiting factor is the RAM, but that model above still shows around 50% free memory so pretty good. The software is optimized to use all 8 cores of the iPads processor too.

Last renders, at this point I stopped modeling this thing.
I hope you found the info about the app useful. I can't stop playing with it, it's addictive. Also, the iPad is a wonderful thing, there are many creative apps that are just as good as a desktop app like the Affinity suit, and then you have apps that are unique to the device. It's expensive but worth every penny, as is the Apple pencil.

Thanks for the heads up re: this app! I have an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, so will definitely give it a try. I also appreciate that you mentioned having no previous experience with this kind of model sculpting, but you must have some sculpting experience (like in clay)? to be able to whip out something so elegant!

One of the items on my future Cheetah wish list is to have a sculpting tool that will take alphas, if that's even possible, mostly b/c I'd like to be able to sculpt in small details. But I am not a sculptor, so I look forward to playing with Forger and then bringing whatever blob mess I make into Cheetah for further playing!

Hello! nope, no previous experience at all, but Forger makes it too easy, have you tried it yet? it works really well. Let's hope Martin finds time to make some sculpting features for Cheetah..

Back