Real Estate Rendering

Hello, is there anyone else, who uses C3D for real estate agents? New buildings, virtual staging or detailed interior pics? I am learning and trying to find a good workflow for that kind of visualization. Here some examples of my "hard way to learn" :)
After rendering with Falcon I do the finishing in Photoshop. Fortunately the customers don't need a very high resolution ;-)
Te tiles for example I shot in an old house, made it seamless and made the Material with an texture-editor. Any reply welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_0070_1080.jpg
    IMG_0070_1080.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 443
  • 1FC7B2EC-BB2E-4DB4-B17B-3DCDB28684ED.jpg
    1FC7B2EC-BB2E-4DB4-B17B-3DCDB28684ED.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0090_1080.jpg
    IMG_0090_1080.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 443
Look up user Luke Bocchinelli #1 (RIP) and Allesandro #1( aka SurfingAlien) for dedicated archviz type of work (pre Falcon renderings).
Fortunately the customers don't need a very high resolution
70cm/300dpi (8K) isn´t enough?
My 2 cts of course.

Cheers
Frank

I am also learning about photorealistic architectural renders and I hope others will add tips to this thread or Tutorials. Lighting and Falcon settings would be especially welcome. Some pre-set .jas files would be great additions to the Help Sample files.

One common issue is interior lighting, with bright sunlight illuminating a dark room through a window. Falcon’s Filmic setting expands the dynamic range to approximate that of the eye, which is much greater than a film or digital camera. It can boost the intensity of a light to increase radiosity without the clipping effects of white highlights and black shadows. Colors are naturally desaturated as the light reflecting off of them increases. This 31-minute Blender tutorial explains the concept, comparing the default sRGB to Filmic and an actual photograph.

Edit: Adding a link to YouTube resulted in an empty space. Try again:
Edit #2: I didn't know the forum overrides a YouTube link. In my browser I get an empty space where maybe the YouTube video is supposed to be. This worked: in YouTube search for "The Secret Ingredient for Photorealism". There are some other videos that also look worth checking out.

Arch Daily features all kinds of buildings, mostly in photographs, but also covers 3D rendering.

https://www.archdaily.com/901111/9-ways-to-make-your-renderings-more-realistic

Last edited:
Wow, thank you for the link! Thats really a nice explanation! I tried in the past to avoid harsh sunlight, as I do when I photograph real estate because I really don't like that white holes from overexposing. I quickly tried the "filmic" render in some simple scenes and m happy for that idea! I will make some more tries with different settings.

Two more from Frank; save the pictures for reference.

The light & shadow table pertains to the Cheetah renderer ca. 2007 but it’s still a great overview of the range of possibilities.

https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/2147/

The backlit examples are also the Cheetah renderer but they’re relevant to outdoor architecture scenes.

https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/11002/

The Falcon renderer is preferable for photorealism but I still use the Cheetah renderer for ambient occlusion or certain lighting effects that enhance a particular design. It’s kind of like using the orthographic camera projection where absolute realism isn’t the goal. More art than science.

Thank you for the link! So its good to have 2 screens in order to have one for the reference picture. :)(y)
I try to understand what ambient occlusion can add to more realistic renders. So: learning by doing...
Until now I did virtual staging often with Adobe Dimension. The rendering is really good but the possibilities are limited since you can only place 3D "into" a photo. What I like is to get a PSD file with layers for each material...

Hello, is there anyone else, who uses C3D for real estate agents? New buildings, virtual staging or detailed interior pics? I am learning and trying to find a good workflow for that kind of visualization. Here some examples of my "hard way to learn" :)
After rendering with Falcon I do the finishing in Photoshop. Fortunately the customers don't need a very high resolution ;-)
Te tiles for example I shot in an old house, made it seamless and made the Material with an texture-editor. Any reply welcome!
so great ! can you share the profiles let me learn light ? thank you so much ,recently the light of interior make me so headache :(

Back