What's the shortcut for hiding objects?

Hi,

I would like to have a shortcut for quick-hiding objects (equivalent of clicking the eye-button in the scene graph.)

I set "Hide Selection" in the keyboard settings, but that actually hides faces within a mesh, not the actual object.

I also tried "Invert visibility", which works for the entire object, but it seems to be independent from the eye-button. So when I use "invert visibility", the object becomes invisible, but the button in the scene graph is still active and it's not possible to make it visible again by clicking it.

There is a tool script called 'Toggle Visiblity.js'
Do a search for it, download and install. Then in C3Ds preferences you can assign a hotkey of your choosing.
If you need more assistance, let me know.
--shift studio.

* I have set a hotkey, alt-V (alt-shift-V for render) for toggling visibility off/on. It is the equivalent of the eye-toggle (camera) on the left margin of the object browser and sets / resets this icon. It only only works on single objects.
* The eye- and the camera-toggle work on a multiple selection, if you want to hide / show a set of objects. In this case you are mousing around in the object browser, anyway, so the operability fits
Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 08.37.04.png

Last edited:
Back