Texture map on glass

joel ruiz c

I know this has been covered before but I can't find related threads.. so, can anyone point me in the right direction (or the thread with the info) on how to place a texture (the texture has an alpha channel or png with transparency) applied to a glass object, in this case, a bottle?

Also, thinking out loud.. if I want a label or sticker, to look whiteish when viewed from the other side of the bottle, and with the printed colors when viewed up front, would it be better to create a separate object to be the sticker? I haven't tried it, for the moment my question is in the first paragraph.

Thanks in advance..

Never mind, I got it working.

This is not where the label goes, it should be placed in the back of the bottle. One issue that I see is that in real life some light should go thru the rubber sleeve and illuminate the inside of the bottle and the label in the back should look bright. Another issue is that I don't feel enough light goes thru the glass material as it would do in real life, a limitation of the renderer perhaps.

To bad the bottle wasn't round.

When we pick up a bottle to look at it, we tip it back, you need more light in front I think.

To bad the bottle wasn't round.

When we pick up a bottle to look at it, we tip it back, you need more light in front I think.

This is the HDRI map "artist workshop" from HDRI haven. The light is coming mainly from a window in front of the bottle. If I increase the intensity the outside will be blown out. In a real life photo of this bottle, a lot more light gets inside the bottle, I think this is a limitation of the renderer and the dielectric shader? I'm still testing.

Back