Uv logo on cup problem

Radian

Hi

I tried many things & tutorials found here on the forum but I seem to fail at putting a logo png (or tiff) on my cup. It alwas have a black backgound (with alpha on -> black is gone but I see a big shadow around my UV field) and it repeats itself (can't get rid of that). In attach the files. Can someone point me into the right direction?

ps: also followed the tutorial from Frank but failed too.

Thanks!
Guillaume

Attachments

• cupuv.zip
    411.4 KB · Views: 245
Hi Guillaume and Welcome!
In essence you´ll need the composite-node - which combines background color and decal. The reason why the surrounding space is "black" is because of the transparency. You could place it on the same "red" background and all will be fine.
I guess you want to add some reflectivity to the mug material - you need to adjust it to the same level at both materials otherwise there´s no transition between background color and decal - checking "Fresnel" might be it. If you want to adjust specularity on the decal you´ll need an extra image for its adjustment. Please make the mug editable to avoid texture distortion. And you need to check the placement in the UV editor while the image is in Edit-mode:

placement.jpg
CompositeNode.jpg
Tas.png
Tas.png

I can´t upload the folder as it exceeds the forum size limitation because of the amount of geometry now.
Hope it helps though.

Cheers
Frank

Argh! so frustrating when I follow along and just keep hitting a wall! have to place a logo on a product - its a metal so it needs to sit on the material. This looked like the solution - but all my attempts are failing. What is it i'm missing here? Must say UV Mapping is my biggest hangup..

had to start with original file again to keep size down (geometry)

Attachments

• cupuv2.zip
    413.1 KB · Views: 213
Back