Pumpkin

Aaah no.. don't worry I don't intend to leave over this, and I'm learning a lot from all of you and enjoying seeing the work people share and also sharing whatever I do.

Dia de los Muertos is becoming really popular here in the US now too. I'm going to a post Halloween / Birthday party that has a Dia de los Muertos theme this coming Saturday. A lot of Non-Mexican Hispanics here in the US have even started picking up the tradition. But I think mainly people are into it for the aesthetics. There will be a lot of Colombians at the party because the birthday girl is originally from there. I think she is one of the ones that picked out that theme.

Personally I like that you share your culture here and I like all the 3d work you've done too!

It's cool to see Día de los Muertos is going everywhere, if only for the aesthetics. The Pixar movie "Coco" I guess also helped. I love that movie. I saw some religious push back against it at the time though but whatever.

Main square in my city.

Not my picture (no credits mentioned)
73167846_2642743912510048_1515512844282494976_o.jpg

It's cool to see Día de los Muertos is going everywhere, if only for the aesthetics. The Pixar movie "Coco" I guess also helped. I love that movie. I saw some religious push back against it at the time though but whatever.

Coco was a really good movie. All the Pixar movies are really well done though. I know what you mean about religious push back. My parents are Southern Baptist and for a long time as a kid they wouldn't let us participate in Halloween. They considered it to be related to or promoting witchcraft. Personally I don't have a problem with it at all, and it's one of my favorite holidays.

Back