Adding Bones

Andrew

How do you overcome the problem of adding bones when you can not see the mesh of the model. I find it hard to add the knee bone when I can not see the mesh showing me where the knee is.

Be gentle; I am still learning.
Andrew

Hi Andew
:unsure: Please add a screen shot. I fail to understand why you can not see the mesh of the body / leg.

Hello Everyone,
When I ask what I think is a fundamental question, and then I get questions back, it makes me think I am doing it wrong or using the wrong terminology.
I have attached a few screenshots. One shows the pelvis bone selected, and as you can see, the mesh is not shown (I can not see where I have put the spines). The other image is when I have selected the pelvis bone, and as you can see, I now can not see the mesh of the model.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Andrew

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 211
I can't determine any difference in the screenshots unfortunately. But I guess you want to see the underlying geometry of your model. As I said: turn it into wireframe mode should help. Disable the subdivision-modifier during this process.

Cheers
Frank

That's it, underlying geometry. Oh my, that is so much better. I can not believe I waited so long before I asked that question.
Thank you Frank, great help.
Andrew

Back