A little help with splines and sweep

I´m not sure why you draw glyph by glyph as we can´t do any Boolean operation with Splines:
SeparatedGlyphs.png

Cheers
Frank

I didn't draw glyph by glyph, that was the logo company. That's why I retraced in cheetah this way:

Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-04 a la(s) 3.32.33.png

This is an imported svg from the AI file the logo company gave me, a complete mess for 3D.

Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-04 a la(s) 3.34.37.png

@frank beckmann I'm sorry for the confusion, but I was not using those paths to do the sweep. Those were there as a visual aid to trace my logo again, I forgot to delete them, but they're not being used for the sweep.

The Cantisani.2 path is what I was using for the sweep.

Thank you for taking a look, perhaps if this is not user error, it could be checked by Martin for a later update, I tagged him in an earlier message but not sure if he followed up.

Best to write explicit Bug reports per Bug with examples and thread links per email - if there any. So he could keep his bug tracker list in a clear manner.

Cheers

This is just a side node from a vector veteran with a penchant for design hygiene:
I only use vertical or horizontal aligned anchors, 1node for curve high-points and 1 for corners:
As a result I used a maximum of 122 nodes.
SplineWorx.gif

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
@Charless yes I did, thank you!

This is just a side node from a vector veteran with a penchant for design hygiene:
I only use vertical or horizontal aligned anchors, 1node for curve high-points and 1 for corners:
As a result I used a maximum of 122 nodes.
View attachment 34991
Cheers
Frank

Awesome. I never knew that was important, I know nothing about vector design :censored:.. so you did trace it again? do you think I can have your interpretation to analyze it?

The company is photologo.co, they serve thousands of photographers with signatures for their photos. It was not expensive, I believe it was around $48 US dollars, and they claim that every logo is hand made in natural media (paper) and then scanned and traced in Illustrator. Looking at the curves, if that was the case I don't understand why the designer made each glyph separately as if it was a computer typography and not something hand made. :rolleyes: Very suspicious.

Last edited:
:mad: Why the design coy used hundreds of superfluous control points is a mystery to me as well.
:D Thank you, Frank, for your example of "proper" spline methodology. Like you, I attempt to work on the basis of simple, sparse and - if possible - elegant geometry in my 3D models. It makes design-work more transparent, intuitive and flexible.
* Not that I understand why the spline of the profile flips (in the samples of Joel Ruiz, Frank an me).

* Cheers to Hamburg!

they claim that every logo is hand made in natural media (paper) and then scanned and traced in Illustrator. Looking at the curves, if that was the case I don't understand why the designer made each glyph separately as if it was a computer typography and not something hand made.
Same doubts here as I´m not able to bring the marketing videos and the delivered lettering together. Maybe they develop whole font sets - maybe.
I´m pretty good at finding fonts but due the amount of ligatures all Font identifiers fail pretty easily.

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Back