Creating a movie

Rchancelor

I have animations and scenes that I would like to put together in a movie. What software would be a good choice for iMac? Or does Cheetah have that capability?

What kind of source material do yo have?
I mean there´ s Apple´s iMovie round the corner.

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I will check out hit film. My source material is from Cheetah 3D. I tried to use iMovie, but got a message it wouldn’t work, needs an update. I have had some issues with the last couple of apple updates so I am Leary about updating to iLife 11

I miss read a help article about how to resolve the non functioning iMovie issue with Mojave. Working with Apple (to resolve multiple issues since last update) I removed my iOS and reinstalled. I can now access iMovie

* I have been using iMovie for ages. It suffices to generate professional videos for pilots in my area of 3D work. Some limitations of the tool set are irritating but not unsurmountable. Once you have developed a library of some advanced trickery iMovie is a quite productive video editor.

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 14.02.02.png

* If you are just starting out with video editing I can recommend iMovie. It is free and has all the basic functions you require. You may want to "upgrade" to Final Cut Pro (€ 330) as your experience and your demands increase. There is a 30d free trial for Final Cut Pro available on the App Store.

There is also 'Screen Flow’ from tele stream. Although marketed as a screen recorder, mainly for producing training and YouTube videos etc, you can input practicaly any graphics source as resource and produce export a video in various formats. It does not have all the various bells and whistles as FCPX but it is nearly there and a lot cheaper.

Attachments

• screenflow.jpg
    screenflow.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 200
Back