SCRIPTS: A Quick Guide

Referenced Particles

This lets you transform individual particles in a particle array or mesh, while retaining a shaped arrangement, shared materials, and small file size.

3Rs.jpg

Thanks to Hiroto.

Thread with link to the file:

https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/10374/

Thread with more explanation and examples:

https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/13221/#post-115232

Attachments

• 3Rs.jpg
    3Rs.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 387
Controlled Spline

This is a powerful tool for adjusting control points in a spline. It is super precise, easy to fine-tune, and best of all, it’s intuitive — you place objects as proxies for the spline’s control points. Manipulating 3D objects is simpler than tweaking points in a complex spline.

Notice that there are two scripts, including the Tag.

spline-script3.jpg

f+t.jpg

Thanks to Hiroto.

Thread for the file:

https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/9251/

Thread for a tutorial and tips:

https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/12113/

Camera Mask

One simple feature that I wish was integrated into C3D is area render, to only render a selected detail while leaving the surrounding render intact. When fine tuning a complex scene it can take a long time to do a high-resolution test render. Typically, this render time is multipled by the number of test renders done as part of the trial-and-error process. Depending on your choice of Cheetah or Falcon renderer, your computer’s speed, and your patience, this may not be an issue. If you are only tweaking a single detail the Camera Mask is an instant solution for a test render. Click its visibility on or off as needed, and just render the “window” surrounded by a solid opaque color. It would be better to have an option to leave the surrounding render as-is, but this is still a potential time saver.

full.jpg

area.jpg

Thanks to Hiroto:

http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/search.php?k=camera+mask&d=&p=0&c=0&pn=1&f=

Last edited:
Illustrator Import

This last script isn’t one I have really made much use of, compared to the others, but I include it in case any of you might need it. From my limited experience, it seemed to be an essential link between Illustrator files and C3D.

Some of you are adept at Illustrator and readily create paths for use as C3D splines. I have recently done some experiments with the Inkscape vector drawing program, but 99% of my computer graphics use either C3D or vintage 2011 Photoshop. Three years ago I used a picture for a reference and for an Image node material for C3D. I made some paths in Photoshop and exported them as Illustrator files. The Illustrator Import script was necessary to import them into C3D. There may be a better way to do this, as the process I devised was complicated and glitchy. If there is any demand for them, I can post four pictures that document how it worked, but I invite anyone reading this to post a simpler approach, a step-by-step illustrated tutorial, preferably using free programs such as Inkscape or Open Office. The script dates from 2006, and I used it on C3D 6.3. I haven’t tried it on Version 7, but all the old scripts I have tried have worked, so backwards compatibility seems to be a Javascript virtue.

Thanks to Hiroto:

http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/search.php?k=illustrator&d=&p=0&c=0&pn=1&f=

* Arrows
* Various types of arrows.
View attachment 34840
* Splines #1
* Various simple splines. Generally, names are self-explanatory.
View attachment 34841
* Splines #2
* More simple splines. Generally, names are self-explanatory.
View attachment 34842
* Splines #3
* And even more of the same. Generally, names are self-explanatory.

* Spline Grid
* Generates a 2D / 3D grid.
View attachment 34847

* Sea Shell
* Produces a helical shell.
View attachment 34846
* Random Cluster
* Generates a cluster of the children´s nodes.
View attachment 34848
* Loft
* Similar to the Loft creator.
View attachment 34849
* Sweep Interpolate
* An expanded Sweep creator allowing for manipulating the cross section.
View attachment 34850

And..

* Solines 2D: Bounce
* Useful for simple dynamics of balls / elastic objects
* Can be deployed in creators / spline tracks / particle meshes
View attachment 34923

* Splines 2D: Dragon
* Various recursive / fractal options (square, triangular, hexagonal)
View attachment 34924

View attachment 34925

View attachment 34926

* Splines 2D: Sine Wave
* self-explanatory
View attachment 34928

* Splines 2D: Spirals
* self-explanatory, various options (Archimedes, square/...)
View attachment 34929

View attachment 34930

* Splines 2D: Tree
* recursive / fractal bifurcation
View attachment 34931

@Helmut I want to use some of these scripts, but I'm not finding them in the scripts downloads.. I'm not sure if you used the names the authors gave them? For example, I wanted to check Splines 2D: Dragon.. and a few others, but I can't find them.. what am I missing?

Thanks!

* Poly To Spline
* generates a set of splines from the edges of a mesh.
View attachment 34831
* Particle Connector
* generates splines to connect the elements of a particle mesh.
View attachment 34832
* Pathed Helix
* applies a helix to a given axial spline.
View attachment 34834
* Blow Up
* simulates the explosion of an n-faced mesh.
View attachment 34835
* Hair
* generates hair, fur and similar fibrous clusters.
View attachment 34838
* Spline Wrap
* This floats a polygonal mesh onto the axis of a given spline.
View attachment 34837
So where do you actually get these scripts? Thank you. Bman.

* You may also want to check the website of Hiroto Tsubaki :)) thank you for your excellent scripts). I believe it is called something like TresGraficos, but you need to check the precise address in the subforum Frank has mentioned above.

I´m under the impression the Tree2d script was part of a former Cheetah3d package as it is from 2006 and released under Public Domain. So I´m not able to find or name any authorship for it and will put it in the script download section:
Tree2d

Cheers
Frank

Back