Anchor

:) Excellent work! I also like the bokeh effect of selective DOF focus you have implemented. I would expect that your Mac suffered a lengthy attack of huffing-and-puffing dyspnea whilst rendering.

:) Excellent work! I also like the bokeh effect of selective DOF focus you have implemented. I would expect that your Mac suffered a lengthy attack of huffing-and-puffing dyspnea whilst rendering.

I love shallow DOF.. I'm known for almost always using it in my photography :p
I don't care about render times or my mac having respiratory issues, I always want my shallow DOF.. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
* Re: Hair.js
* I think you are better off with a particle mesh for the fibres. It gives you much more control than the old hair script I have (it may be obsolete and have been improved since then). In a particle mesh you can have >1 types of fibres (straight, bend, curly plus random, sorted, repeated) plus use the tag for randomised 2nd-ary parameters if required.
* 90% of the time the Mac´s CPU is just hibernating, anyway, so it may as well get some proper exercise every now and then when performing a challenging render / animation task.

:mad: More on bokeh and DOF:
:oops: Seeing reality in its pin sharp precision between tip -of-nose to infinity is some nightmarish horror I do not ever want to experience. For critical situations, I suggest an ample infusion of alcohol to reduce visual acuity to painless Gaussian blurriness. It is also a potent medication for those who suffer from delusional balance.

I have to disagree. I could not have realised this project without Hiroto´s cHair.script: One of the benefits is that it uses the underlaying colour of the image texture for the hair colour. How cool is that?
Moni the Deer:

Cheers
Frank

That would be a nice addition to mesh particles, the ability to use the color of the mesh.. it's a small feature, hopefully easy to implement, and certainly very useful.

I think for the rope I'm good with mesh particles, the surface below is not painted, it's just one color. I painted the particle though, and in my opinion it looks good enough. I guess I could use two or three different particles as Helmut says though (straight, bent, curly, etc) but I just randomized things with the particle tag and it instantly added the organic look I was expecting..

I'm going to be trying Hiroto's hair script in some other work for sure, it looks really nice.

That Moni the Deer is amazig, great use of the script, and the cameras are a funny touch, they make the image memorable.

BTW, I maxed out the number of mesh particles. I tried 500k and it defaulted to 250k.. so I guess I could use a second mesh particle but why the limit? anyway, 250k seemed just fine, no need for more in this case, but I feel 250k may not be enough in other projects.

Like all the others I really like your pictures and your style in general. It's really well done how you present this object.

Thanks guys! I'm testing different HDR maps to light this thing. I'm also still not super happy with the fibres and I probably made them worse lol.. need to work a bit more on that. The text "Brave" is just a place holder for my friends logo, I'll update it when he sends me the illustrator file.

BTW, do you guys have a good resource link for HDRIs? care to share?

This is where I got most of my maps..

https://hdrihaven.com/hdris/

Edit:

These two HDRI's are looking good in the metal, I just need to make de rope look good too.

Last edited:
Back