Particles and dynamics

* Somehow I got this Java script to work. As mentioned in the posting #13, it is used to distort a C3D mesh along the curvature of a spline. This is then used as a base for a particle mesh.
* As a result you get a square set of items which are following a sinoidal curve.
* No idea, if this can be used in your project.

View attachment 39309
You guys are very impressive.

* Somehow I got this Java script to work. As mentioned in the posting #13, it is used to distort a C3D mesh along the curvature of a spline. This is then used as a base for a particle mesh.
* As a result you get a square set of items which are following a sinoidal curve.

View attachment 39309
Hi Helmut

May I have the .JAS file you'd built so that I can poke around it. I've tried for a few hours to duplicate the setup, above. I'me not getting even close to the results shown in that. I think, I'm using that script you'd mentioned but it's very unclear how to apply it (correctly). I generally like to figure things out myself but I'm just stumped.

Cheers

Hi Jesse

Maybe this will help, I used the Wavy 3D Plane script and a Particle Mesh.
The parameters that I animated are the Wave h Start and Wave w Start fields.

Attachments

• Sine wave particles jas.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 106
Hi Jesse,

1 In the scripting section of this website you can locate and download any required Java scripts. Simply move the script(s) into the correct folder (in this case Polygonobj) under Application Support / Cheetah in the Library.
2 As Frank has pointed out, this seems to be a script coded by Master Hiroto. There is a link to Hiroto Tsubaki´s website given in the scripting section.
3 You need to restart the C3D application for the script to be selectable in the menue.
4 Then experiment and tweak the parameters available to generate the specific sine distortion you need for your project. The primary parameters to be animated are wave w & wave h start, possibly from 0 to 1. No idea if you need to fiddle with wavelength λ and amplitude A.

* You should get something which looks like a sting ray flapping through its maritime habitat. ZooHead´s example contains all you need for constructive experimentation.
Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 05.50.52.png

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 07.03.45.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 05.50.52.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 05.50.52.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 96

View attachment 39309
Hi Helmut

May I have the .JAS file you'd built so that I can poke around it. I've tried for a few hours to duplicate the setup, above. I'me not getting even close to the results shown in that. I think, I'm using that script you'd mentioned but it's very unclear how to apply it (correctly). I generally like to figure things out myself but I'm just stumped.

Cheers
Hi Jesse

Hi ZooHead!

Yes! Extremely helpful. Essentially, I was using the wrong script! I've learned quite a lot from this file. Cheers!

View attachment 39309
Hi Helmut

Cheers
Hi Jesse

Hi ZooHead!

Yes! Extremely helpful. Essentially, I was using the wrong script! I've learned quite a lot from this file. Cheers!
Hi Jesse,

1 In the scripting section of this website you can locate and download any required Java scripts. Simply move the script(s) into the correct folder (in this case Polygonobj) under Application Support / Cheetah in the Library.
2 As Frank has pointed out, this seems to be a script coded by Master Hiroto. There is a link to Hiroto Tsubaki´s website given in the scripting section.
3 You need to restart the C3D application for the script to be selectable in the menue.
4 Then experiment and tweak the parameters available to generate the specific sine distortion you need for your project. The primary parameters to be animated are wave w & wave h start, possibly from 0 to 1. No idea if you need to fiddle with wavelength λ and amplitude A.

* You should get something which looks like a sting ray flapping through its maritime habitat. ZooHead´s example contains all you need for constructive experimentation.
View attachment 39325

View attachment 39323
Hi Helmut

Both, ZooHead and your help, got me over the crux. TY and cheers

Back