Cheetah 3D bug??

jteix96

Hello,

I've been using cheetah for a while now, and have had no problems with it until now.

After saving a project, ill re-open it and all of the sudden my mesh is squished and rotated a bit randomly.

Has anyone else had this issue happen??

Can you please check if there are any keyframes accidentaly introduced in the timeline?
You can compress the file to upload into the forum BTW.

Cheers
Frank

Can you please check if there are any keyframes accidentaly introduced in the timeline?
You can compress the file to upload into the forum BTW.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks for pointing that out Frank, looks like that was actually the issue. Not sure how that frame got there but its all fixed now!

Thank you!

* I am not sure if the record key function has a default hotkey in the preferences of the default set up of C3D. If so, I would suggest deleting it to avoid erroneous key framing..
* You hardly ever need to record all of the 3 basic parameters and hotkeys for XYZ positions & XYZ rotations are easily set up. I almost never use the scale parameters.

Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 15.13.36.png

* If, during a specific session, you are just modelling and not animating you can also hide the timeline as you do not need any of the tools located on this panel.
* Note that the status of the timeline (ie hidden vs visible) will be saved with the .jas document. Make sure you have the button for the timeline-toggle in the header bar, so you can flip open the bottom panel when required.
* You can also save the disabled controls for the position, rotation and scale settings for the crimson keyframe button for any given .jas. Warning: Recording a keyframe (either via the menue or via the crimson button will have absolutely no effect in this case. You will need to use the right-clicks on the crimson button for keyframes.
* Opening a new / blank .jas will, however, return to the C3D defaults.
* Of course, your work-flow may differ :unsure:

* Fortunately, C3D allows significant fine tuning of the GUI to suit many individual preferences.

Last edited:
Back