Texture is multiplying all over the material

I have a noob question. why is my imported texture repeating itself all over my material? I've changed everything I can think of to change, but no go. Simple solution?

Attachments

• texture multiplying.jpg
    texture multiplying.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 208
If you don´t want to make the extrude-creator editable for the use of the UV-Mapper - you can mess around with the UV Position+Scale of the texture:
SVG_UVs.jpg

Cheers
Frank

Ow. I'd spend all night trying to niggle that texture into place! Isn't there any easier way? Why is this doing this to begin with? Did I model something wrong? I don't remember any other texture doing this.

Well, it won't let me upload the file. I go to attach files and the file is grayed out. Dunno. Let me think about this.

You need to compress the jas file.
JPEGs don't need compressing.

I've been trying to think of a way to illustrate why this is happening, it is normal behavior by the way.

Here a spline is used with an Extrusion and a Polyplane Creator.
As you can see the Polyplane displays the image based material
"correctly" and the Extrusion tiles it. The Lathe Creator also
displays correctly. If it tiles, it doesn't have defined UVs.

Why some objects have defined UVs and some do not I don't know.

UV-No UV.jpg

The extrude-creator starts its UV generating with the depth (not sure if this is intentional or a technically restriction) as you can see here in the GIF:
ExtrudeUVtiling.gif

I´m not sure if the extrusion is needed in this case - but I recommend to start with a polyplane and a PDF (import scale thread can be found here: https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/7733/) and adding depth later if needed (at all). If you´re going to make some 2d character animation (like in Moho) you need to stack the elements in the Z-axis to not confuse the render engines BTW.

Cheers
Frank

OK - here some additional findings regarding SVG size and Extrude-Creator. In essence the SVG Import scale of 0,001 seems to maintain UVs to fit the template.
SVGimport.jpeg

Hope you guys can read the image above. When there are any question give me a note.

Cheers
Frank

Try the mentioned import scale for SVG and load your spline again.
I'm not aware that there are any changes regarding the extrude-creator.
Cheers
Frank

Ha! Got it! I knew I'd think of something--eventually. What I did is I booleaned the arm shape out of a solid block. Slapped the texture on there and voila! It worked! Thanks for the suggestions, and they probably would have worked, but it all seemed a bit confusing to me. I don't know this program all THAT well. I don't use it that much and I really like to keep things simple as I can. But thanks for trying to help me!

Attachments

• textured arm.jpg
    textured arm.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 197
Back