Light stand (wip)

Gracias Frank, I'll check that right now.

So, what is your advice (this could happen to other objects too). Should I go object by object and do what? burn transform? burn shear/scale?

Sorry to bother you, I want to understand the coord system tool.

Gotcha, I'll check all my objects!

Edit.. just a quick look and I see that NONE of my objects are 1,1,1 lol.. okay I have some work to do tomorrow (it's 3:23am here)..

Thanks a lot for your help!!

I haven't finished the lightstand but plan to. This is the usage I'll be giving it. The lightstand will have different light modifiers (in photography lingo, not 3D.. ie. octaboxes, strip boxes, beauty dishes, etc) that I need to model, and then I'll be using this for a photography workshop I give once in a while.. these are some test renders, I'm pretty happy with the results, it shows the idea just perfect.

Model exported from MakeHuman as a collada file and imported perfect in Cheetah :D

* @joel ruiz c

* What may be useful in your experiments is a script titled object array. This allows to distribute objects (in your case light sources of various types, as used in a studio) along some basic geometry.
* If needed, you can position 27 spot lights in a 9x9 grid, on a linear axis, on a semi.circular spline, etc. I have never used it outside minimal experiments, but a few quick tests will show if this could be a constructive tool for your work shop.
* Of course, you can key-frame any of the spots (or whatever) individually, to show resulting effects of colour changes etc.

Light Arrays.png

That's interesting, reminds me of a photo I saw recently with many lights, it was beautiful. I'll check that script, thank you @Helmut (y)

here's a video of the lights :)

Last edited:
Back