Leaves on a vine via CHAIN Creator

Hello,
I'm trying to model a vine and putting leaves using "CHAIN" creator. As you can see in the picture, I got the starting leaves (lower right) in the right place/rotation already - but the ending leaves have a weird z-axis rotation to them by default. I'm trying to tweak the rotation using the dH / dP / dB but its not working. Also - if the starting leaves are already in alignment, why do the ending leaves not follow the spline path? Is there a setting I have missed? Let me know if anyone has a better way of doing this using CHAIN, thanks. Or is doing the rotation manually the right thing to do? Thank you!

Screen Shot Leaves.png

Before I go more into detail; can you first place your leaves at xyz=0 and make a reset via Coord System->Burn Transform please?

Cheers
Frank

Thank you Frank - leaves are at xyz=0 and reset via Coord System. Slightly better, but I could't rotate the leaf more than this. Any ideas I can try out?
Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 4.59.49 PM.png

Alignment should set to "mix" and the leaves perpendicular to the Y-axis.
Please upload the file.
leaves.png

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
hi Frank,
Let me try once more then send you the file. That thing you pointed out apparently is an out of place vertice! I'll fix and lets see.

Thanks!

hi Frank,
I redid that leaf with the out-of-place vector, then alligned it to y-axis. Its all alright now! Thanks!
Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 6.30.42 PM.png

Just a small hint. If you need the leaves dead flat along an open spline it might be necessary to rotate the mesh along a certain axis:
ChainOfLeaves.jpg

Cheers
Frank

You're right Frank - the leaves DO have a slight twist to them. I tried to tweak the dH/dP/dB a little to fix it, but its not a 100% fix. Is that a bug or something?

Back