Tool History Keyboard shortcut

SOF

Hi,
very idiotic question here, but used to the 'History' window in Photoshop and seeing 'tool history' back and fro keyboard shortcuts' in 'preferences' I can't see any corresponding 'drop down' etc menu. What am I missing? Is it just a one step thing?

* When experimenting, I deploy two safeguards:
1 Periodically I save the model with a consecutive sequence number, ie Model 01.jas, Model 02.jas, etc. If required I can then always return to a previous .jas and dump any rubbish. Alternatively, I can open an archival .jas and just copy a specific object from the hierarchy.
2 I have an invisible folder - collapsed, so a single line - at the top of my object browser. Prior to critical edits I copy and paste into this IV-ƒolder. Again, I can revert to a previous mesh. The IV ƒolder can contain multiple copies of some object. They are automatically assigned an incremented sequence number.
* :poop: happens, particularly when you are toying with half-baked ideas.

The big difference between a 3d program like C3D and a pixel manipulation tool like photoshop is that a lot of things you do are non-destructive in C3D, so as long as you’re not directly editing geometry the thing you do can be undone pretty easily.

My biggest gripe with cheetah 3d’s undo/redo is that viewport changes aren’t undoable.

* Viewport options:
1 use a locked camera and support your work by a "mobile" Camera.WIP for work in progress
2 record all parameters for a camera for time / keyframe 0
* You can then zoom in/out, pan, tilt, fiddle the focal length, whatever in a non-destructive mode.

* I have set up a few blank .jas templates with all the basic elements I typically require (cameras [locked and / or keyframed], lights, fog, some basic materials, etc) and just load plus save / rename the suitable blank at the start of a project.

Last edited:
@podperson
Photoshop isn't the best example. A lot of tools are non-destructive today, especially with smartobjects. Only drawing etc. isn't (but for this you have different layers ... so it's still not really destructive in my opinion).

@podperson
Photoshop isn't the best example. A lot of tools are non-destructive today, especially with smartobjects. Only drawing etc. isn't (but for this you have different layers ... so it's still not really destructive in my opinion).

A lot of tools are non-destructive, but a lot of tools still are.

In any event, I’m completely weaned off Adobe’s stuff now and don’t miss it.

* Viewport options:
1 use a locked camera and support your work by a "mobile" Camera.WIP for work in progress
2 record all parameters for a camera for time / keyframe 0
* You can then zoom in/out, pan, tilt, fiddle the focal length, whatever in a non-destructive mode.

* I have set up a few blank .jas templates with all the basic elements I typically require (cameras [locked and / or keyframed], lights, fog, some basic materials, etc) and just load plus save / rename the suitable blank at the start of a project.

You know that i know all these tricks. The fact that there’s a workaround for this issue doesn’t mean it’s not an issue.

Back