Import a .jas file without changing resolution?

I've been searching Google and the forums here for the answer, but would like to get on with my project.
If someone could give me a quick answer I would be grateful.
How can I import a Cheetah 3D file .jas so that it does not change the render resolution?
Can it be done?
Thanks.

Not that I know. But that seems not right because you want to add/import into an existing scene which most likely has a higher priority - and each jas-file import changes Resolution. Not sure if that´s really intentional.
What I´d do is open that second jas-file and copy&paste what you need from it into your scene you´re working on.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks Frank. It doesn't seem right to me either. I been doing the copy paste but was wishing by now maybe Martin had fixed this. Oh Well maybe he'll read this Post.

Frank Thank you. I am totally ignorant on the use of "Smart Folders" I will do some research into this.
Meanwhile, ( and I understand you are very busy) If you could refer me towards any study helps I would appreciate it.
This applies to anyone else reading this thread. Smart Folders and the use there of has always confused me.
Thanks to all concerned .

I was just thinking 'smart folder' as I was reading this. Then there it was.
@uncle808us - smart folders are not voodoo. I just say this because we've discussed it before I think. Its just a way to link another file into the current file. There are a few caveats - specifically one comes to mined > when materials need to be updated requires some specific procedures. But you'll figure that out. I can't image working without smart folders personally.
If you want to break the link, that's easy enough too. Just 'make editable'.

good luck.
--shift studio.

I was just thinking 'smart folder' as I was reading this. Then there it was.
@uncle808us - smart folders are not voodoo. I just say this because we've discussed it before I think. Its just a way to link another file into the current file. There are a few caveats - specifically one comes to mined > when materials need to be updated requires some specific procedures. But you'll figure that out. I can't image working without smart folders personally.
If you want to break the link, that's easy enough too. Just 'make editable'.

good luck.
--shift studio.
Hi Shift, I too remember a discourse about smart folders but I can't find that thread.
What would be the procedure for importing a .jas file to a smart folder in a project so it won't change the current projects resolution?
If you have the time please. Thanks.

Simply add a "Smart folder" to your scene and go->External file:->Load
SmartFolder.jpg

Don´t worry about the extra camera - your resolution won´t be altered.
Removing a file via same procedure. To unlink the external file and if you want to work on the externals any further I recommend to double-click the smart-folder icon to make it a group/folder.

Cheers
Frank

Just wanted to tell Frank and Shift thanks for this one! It has been driving me nuts with all of the resolution changes!

Back