Zombie Walk

Which of Hiroto's scripts would you suggest? Oh how I wish for sliders.
Uncle, here's the alien walk file that comes with Cheetah. I used Hiroto's f-curve linker on three fingers on the right hand (not the thumb). It's a little cumbersome and limited, but it might help.

Rotate Joint 21, Joint 24, and Joint 27 and the fingers will curl. It's a little complicated to get around, but you can adjust how much they curl. Also, undo doesn't always seem to work on a lot of scripts, so might want to make copies if you want to experiment.

Attachments

• Alien walk-hand.jas.zip
    160.1 KB · Views: 304
Here's a tip, when building a rig, make sure your bones line
up with the X,Y or Z axis and show no rotation or scaling.

That way when you bend a joint, your starting from zero so you will know the angle.

straightbone.gif

I've noticed in Maya tutorials that when someone sets up a tail or fingers, the seem to just curl automatically when you move a bone (or controller). I've never gotten that to work on Cinema 4D or Cheetah. I don't see anything fancy being done in Maya. Just a simple FK chain. Any ideas?

Bob

I've noticed in Maya tutorials that when someone sets up a tail or fingers, the seem to just curl automatically when you move a bone (or controller). I've never gotten that to work on Cinema 4D or Cheetah. I don't see anything fancy being done in Maya. Just a simple FK chain. Any ideas?

Bob
I'd have to see what it's doing. I don't have any experience with the high priced 3D programs.
But I bought all the lower priced one over the years.

My ik handle doesn't give me a proper bend like in you video Zoo. And it jumps around a bit.
Jumpy5.gif

Attachments

• JumpyStill.jpg
    JumpyStill.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Here's something quite useful. I used an Orient Constraint Tag on the wrist joint and
used a cube as it's target. Now I can control the angle of the wrist by rotating the cube,
and the cubes location doesn't change anything, only it's orientation.

zombiescratch2.gif

Back