Cheetah3D 7.3.4 Beta 1

I have a problem loading materials from the DEFAULT folder.
I've put an empty generic PBR material in it to speed up things but it won't show up any more, only the default material.
C3D 7.3.3 and 7.3.4b1 on Mac OS 10.12.6
screenshot.png

I have a problem loading materials from the DEFAULT folder.
I've put an empty generic PBR material in it to speed up things but it won't show up any more, only the default material.
C3D 7.3.3 and 7.3.4b1 on Mac OS 10.12.6
View attachment 34135

Just curious if this method work on previous versions? I'm wondering if the "Default" material inside the app bundle package contents is overriding it for some reason? Possibly even the naming might be throwing it off?

If you're adventurous, you could back up all the C3d files and then test your PBR material inside the app bundle.

Maybe Martin can answer if any of the files placed in the User App Support folder are suppose to override any of the internal app bundles settings?

C3d Package Contents.png

Just curious if this method work on previous versions?
Shortly after PBR materials were introduced (7.3.0beta) I've set up a PBR material with an empty image node in order to avoid calling default/change shader/add image node every time and have put it into the default material folder in the library.
There it worked as expected by showing two materials in the dropdown menu: default material and my PBR material separated by a horizontal line.
Since two weeks or so my PBR is missing.
IIRC that's when I updated on 7.3.3 and also roughly corresponds with Zoo's complaints about all materials missing on OS 10.9.5.

Since there is an accessible default folder in the library additional to what's in the internal app bundle I'm assuming it should be ready to use as it was on the early C3D 7 versions.

Currently I'm busy but will test tomorrow on my older system what's going on there.
It's not an urgent issue anyways, I can put it in on of the other folders which are working all right.

Thanks Swizl for your input :)

Last edited:
Update: Tested C3D 7.3.2 on OS 10.12.6 and 10.9.5 and both times the material in the default folder shows up correctly:
View attachment 34139

Ah, so the app must typically read from both the internal app bundle and the user app support files. I've never added any materials to the standard folders. I've always just put them in a folder I've added to app my user app support material folder. Must be a bug then. Maybe Martin will reply when he has time. I guess if we don't hear anything, you could email him directly.

P.S. Thanks for testing!

I have an issue with copy&paste splines from one to another file.
I started on a quite complex vector graphic made from 19 interpolated paths. When I copy path "Spline.9" and paste into my animation file it came in as "Spline.1". When I rename splines to say "Spline Nr 10" no name change will happen. I guess it´s intentional but don´t know why. Now I have to rename all of them to identify them for later use.

Cheers
Frank

I have an issue with copy&paste splines from one to another file.
I started on a quite complex vector graphic made from 19 interpolated paths. When I copy path "Spline.9" and paste into my animation file it came in as "Spline.1". When I rename splines to say "Spline Nr 10" no name change will happen. I guess it´s intentional but don´t know why. Now I have to rename all of them to identify them for later use.

Cheers
Frank
It automatically renumbers, using the value after the dot. Try Spline_1, and it might work. If there was already a Spline_1, the pasted one would be Spline_1.1. It makes me crazy when the materials do that when pasting an object.

Draw a spline and name it Spline.1 copy&paste=? :unsure:
I can´t follow this; I mean paths can take names in the SVG world you know?
SVGpathNames.png

It can be worse like in Affinity Designer; every double have the same name; Congratulations!

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Back