GLTF & GLB Export failure

jasperpotts

Hi, sorry if I am doing something stupid. I just upgraded to Cheetah 7.3.3 so I can create GLTFs. I tried exporting my model as GLTF or GLB and get a generic "This document ".." could not be exported as ".."" dialog. So I tried a new file with a single cube and get the same dialog. Works fine to export as FBX in same folder. Any ideas?

Runing OS X 10.14.3 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 10.18.45 AM.png

Hi Jasper.
This sounds very strange. Is the path to the destination folder maybe somehow broken? Any chance you´re running Cheetah3d in demo mode?
Just tested gltf+glb on a parametric box without any issue.

Cheers
Frank

If I got to register its says "Registered"
Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 10.37.07 AM.png
Is there any other setting for demo mode?

I can export as FBX, 3DS, OBJ, DXF, DAE etc fine just. I tried my desktop, or documents folder etc and same issue for all locations.

Is there any log file etc that might have more detailed information on why it failed?

Open Console.app from the utilities folder - enter Cheetah3d in the search field - open Cheetah3d when it´s not already running and try to export (shift+E) a file to gltf or/and glb and check what Console.app has to say.

Cheers
Frank

Ok - thanks for the info. (y)
I´ll forward this thread to Martin (the developer) and hopefully he has an idea what´s happening here.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks for the bug report. Although I wasn't able to reproduce the problem I'm quite optimistic that I fix it nevertheless. Could you please test the Beta version at:

Cheetah3D 7.3.4 Beta 1

And let me know if it's working properly now.

Back