Why is my label splitting apart?

Hello All,
I haven't posted on here lately but always come back to learn something.

Question: Why is my label splitting apart here on this model? I've attached a screenshot. Tried uploading actual .jas file and jpg art but it said "file too large"
Any help is greatly appreciated.

NOTE: I purchased this model and didn't build myself as we periodically do to save time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 11.05.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 11.05.25 AM.png
    391.6 KB · Views: 244
I should state that this is a shrink label and not pressure sensitive so it should cover from the neck of the bottle to the
bottle where it sits on shelf

It seems you add a subdivision modifier to it so: Make a copy of the file/object - then - make the bootle editable to bake-in the subdivisions and map/unwrap again.

Cheers
Frank

It seems you add a subdivision modifier to it so: Make a copy of the file/object - then - make the bootle editable to bake-in the subdivisions and map/unwrap again.

Cheers
Frank

Frank, thx so much!

Not really familiar with the map/unwrap part. I usually just drop a material (label) on the bottle and then adjust.
Can you explain in detail the second part?

1. Go in UV-editing layout.
2. Call UV-mapper tool via RMB-click while the bottle is seleced
3. Adjust Mapping type: Cylindrical
4. Now scale&move the UV-mapper tool till the UVmap fits in the UV square in the editor window
5. Hit Write UV coords.
6. drag material onto object in 3d view
(alternatively you can hit Edit-button in the image file loader of the material node to see it in UV editor for further adjustments)
Labeling.jpg

Cheers
Frank

PS.: I wonder why the bootle alone exceeds the forum upload size limit.

Attachments

• Bottle.jas.zip
    158.5 KB · Views: 217
Back