Cheetah3D 7.3.2

Hi,
I've just released Cheetah3D 7.3.2. It mainly fixes some bugs but it also contains some small new features. You can find it using the following link:

https://www.cheetah3d.com/download.php

Version 7.3.2:
Code:
-added bevel property to Rect spline object
-added "Render threads" property to both render engines
-added automatic updates to the "Add Material" menu
-improved Merge tool (added support for vertex colors)
-improved dark mode in timeline (icons use system accent color)
-improved brush and paint tool (icons use system accent color)
-improved scroll wheel zooming in UV editor (zooms to mouse cursor)
-improved gltf/glb export (better handling of emissive textures)
-fixed dark mode problem in Render Settings
-fixed texture loading bug in hdri light
-fixed crashing bug when baking dynamics
-fixed crashing bug when exporting animations to .gltf files
-fixed auto-save problem on Mojave
-changed UTI of .gltf and .glb file format

Bye
Martin

Is the only improvement to the brush and paint tool the icons?
I'm having paint problems with textures and brushes. I load a texture for the brush scale it and it paints left to right instead of right to left so all writing is reversed this can't be right. How can it be rectified?
Thanks
Paint problem.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the update!
Render threads work as expected, setting to zero utilises the maximum available amount, another number specifies how many CPU threads are used for rendering.
screenshot.png

Thanks misoversaturated. I was thinking that would be it. I suspect you can’t change this setting for an in-progress render? I’m not at my Mac today.
—Shift Studio.

I suspect you can’t change this setting for an in-progress render?
Suspicion confirmed.
That would need settings adjustable in the render manager, not the render properties.
The setting in the render properties will affect the next render, so at least you can start a main render on more threads and then continue working on another file and testing with fewer render threads.

When choosing 2 threads (of eight), activity monitor shows that four threads are used at half power, so MacOS internally distributes tasks evenly over all cores if possible.

Is the only improvement to the brush and paint tool the icons?
I'm having paint problems with textures and brushes. I load a texture for the brush scale it and it paints left to right instead of right to left so all writing is reversed this can't be right. How can it be rectified?

I've just fixed that bug. It will work properly in the next Update. Thanks for reporting.

Can you describe 'Render Threads' and how to use it?
--shift studio.

The renderers in Cheetah3D utilise 100% of the available CPU core by default. That has the bad side effect that the modeller can become quite sluggish while rendering something. That was especially annoying when rendering long animations while continuing to work in Cheetah3D. Now you can free up some CPU resources in advance which then can be used more easily by the modeller.

The renderers in Cheetah3D utilise 100% of the available CPU core by default. That has the bad side effect that the modeller can become quite sluggish while rendering something. That was especially annoying when rendering long animations while continuing to work in Cheetah3D. Now you can free up some CPU resources in advance which then can be used more easily by the modeller.

Well I think it's awesome that we can keep working in C3d while a render is in progress. Modo locks the whole app down while rendering.

The "Check for Updates ..." inside Cheetah v7.3.1 didn't see this update. I'm not sure if you meant for it to not do this?

Thanks Martin!

Yes I too failed to see the update when I checked through the app update feature. Meant to say something but I just moved to Mojave on my Hackintosh and wanted first to also test it on my previous El Capitan install which I have a clone of.

Thanks for the reply Martin! Thanks for adding this – I'll definitely make use of the render threads functionality , as I experience the sluggishness often too.

In the future, maybe the feature could be enhanced to work on-the-fly. Maybe it could live in the render manager here - something like this >>
CPU-usage-slider.jpg

<< slider could be labled 0 - 100% or of course it could be 'threads' instead 0 - 12 or whatever.

Thanks again,
--shift studio.

I've just fixed that bug. It will work properly in the next Update. Thanks for reporting.
Hi, I just updated to latest version and experience the text file textures mirrored as described in post from uncle808us. what would be solution?

Well I think it's awesome that we can keep working in C3d while a render is in progress. Modo locks the whole app down while rendering.

The "Check for Updates ..." inside Cheetah v7.3.1 didn't see this update. I'm not sure if you meant for it to not do this?

Thanks Martin!
Hi boss. why I bake diffuse map from Modo have seams?I try anyway to do it ,but I can not. slove it

Back