Netzhautstress

Aus´m www und Literatur - ich beschäftige mich schon mehr als 4 Jahrzehnten damit - hin+wieder. Mein Spaß ist es diese Gehirnwäsche in 3d nachzubauen.

Ich glaube das 5. Bier war schlecht:
Swirl Render Result.png

Gruß
Frank

Another Mind Boggleo_O

Are all the dots traveling at different speeds - or
Is it that they have different distances to travel - or
Is it both?
Or ?:unsure:

How on earth or elsewhere does a Genius figure the math out for this "More than a Doodle"?

Hi Jeanny.
This is actually more fiddly than clever or genius at all. In this case the alignment of 15 different polygonal shapes (going from 3 corners/edges up to 17) having all the same edge length, was the hardest part - but easy in Affinity Designer.
So for example:
1. Make a bunch of circles, every plus x value in diameter.
2. Take a small ball that fits well in between the the splines without touching another ball.
3. Add a Spline tracking tag to one ball and add the largest circle as a Path: to it
4. Adjust the Position: value that the ball sits in the South position at keyframe one; record.
5. Adjust take length: numbers of circle=sec
6. go to the end of time line and add 1,0 to the position you registered at frame 0. For example: frame 0=Position:0,523 End-frame Postion=1,523
7. Add a new ball to the scene+spline target tag. Add the next smaller circle as Path:
8. same as 4. select and Copy the number behind the digit
9. go to endframe and at Position: type 2, paste, record
10. do you get the pattern? Every ball on a smaller circle makes 1 turn more.
Here´s an example file half way through with 20 circles, convenient aligned start+end points at South.
Have fun:

Cheers
Frank

PS: once you finished you can group the whole thing - copy&paste&rotate 3 times and will get this:
20x4Circles.gif

Last edited:
Thanks Frank for the excellent explanation and a .jas file!
The file along with the written explanation really helps me better understand everything.
What a good example of one of the many ways to use Spline Tracking.

I believe you're a Humble Genius.
Genius' don't realize how smart they really are.

Attached is just a little fun audio file. :giggle:
I think I posted it once before.

Thanks for making some things that normally would have been impossible for me - now possible.

Stay Safe
😷 Jeanny

Attachments

• EasierSaidThanDone2.m4a.zip
    129.4 KB · Views: 319
I´d sang: "It´s easier done than explained." :cool:
I can imagine that it is hard to explain a procedure in a way that thousands of people with all different degrees of 3D knowledge; especially very limited 3D knowledge and especially in the language English . . . I don't understand English myself :giggle:.

✌️Jeanny

Back