Plug connected to a sweep?

If you make a spline sweep for a power cable plug on one end. How can you make the plug move with the spline sweep as if it were connected to the power cable?

Attachments

• Cord-Plug-Q.jas.zip
    123.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Cord-Plug-Q.jpg
    Cord-Plug-Q.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 192
Not sure if you want that dynamically with rope&anchor tags:
CableDynamic.gif

Otherwise change the Spline into a Bézier curve instead of Bézier spline with say 4 anchor points and manually adjust it (Snapping to geometry will work).

Cheers
Frank

View attachment 33950
Otherwise change the Spline into a Bézier curve instead of Bézier spline with say 4 anchor points and manually adjust it (Snapping to geometry will work).

Cheers
Frank
Frank Thanks. I would like it as in you animation anchor and rope. Could you attach the file to look at and study. I need to learn this.

I studied the file, but still can’t get it to do what I want. I would like to move the plug and have the spline point connected to the plug. so when I move the plug the spline point would stay with and follow the plug.
I realize this may not be possible. If not thanks again for the help.

To have a good play interactively try this please.
1. Select "plug" and delete the 3 keyframes
2. Go frame "0"
3. Go to "Take" tab and increase "length to 30.0
4. Go in "Animation" layout and extend the scroller to the new whole take length
5. Now hit "Play" button and grab the plug with the transform-tool and move+rotate in 3d-view.
Does this work for you?

Cheers
Frank

2. Go frame "0"
4. Go in "Animation" layout and extend the scroller to the new whole take length
5. Now hit "Play" button and grab the plug with the transform-tool and move+rotate in 3d-view.
Does this work for you?
2. Go frame "0"
Does this work for you?
Cheers
Frank
Yes that works but I was looking for a more static action no animation.
One more question: Otherwise change the Spline into a Bézier curve instead of Bézier spline with say 4 anchor points and manually adjust it (Snapping to geometry will work).I don't have this choice in snapping.
Cord-Plug-Q2.jpg

No animation involved just move the plug and have the cord connected.( just the plug end of the cord. not the whole cord.)

Review the thread about the ‘controlled spline.js’ script. With the right setup, you can move your plug as necessary and the spline will follow and it’s orientation will be relative to the plug.
I can’t help much more than this right now as I’m on vacation!
—Shift Studio.

Hi Shift: Enjoy you vacation.
Keep this topic in mind when you come back refreshed.
All I'm trying to figure out is how to move the plug and have the point of the spline connected to the plug to move with the plug. I looked at and saved all the controlled spline threads and images and files hopefully I will figure it out. Thanks.
(the parenting is what I need to understand. I think.)
GOT IT! parented plug. and it only took me days.Thanks to Frank Shift and TGJP and all others.
Plug move.gif

Last edited:
Back