How to merge two object together

Have two objects and need to make one from those two? No group or so, clean merge to get one final object for further editing as one

Frank, I am on 6th version. There seems to be no Merge

1550399543451.png

The workflow differs from v7: you need to drag one (or more) mesh/es onto the other in Object Browser to make it a child - then in polygon mode select the "mother" object and go Tools->Import children and delete the child object afterwards or make a double click on mother object´s icon.

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
does not work for me. I was creating bend on one side of cylinder. The process tooks me a lot of time as there were more steps to get the result. Now I need to do the same bend on other side of cylinder however I do not remember the exact steps so I would like to just copy finished bend and put it on other side, like mirror.
The workflow differs from v7: you need to drag one mesh onto the other in Object Browser to make it a child - then in polygon mode select the "mother" object and go Tools->Import children and delete the child object afterwards or make a double click on mother object´s icon.

Cheers
Frank
works Frank, thank you for such awesome support during the weekend

Now I need to do the same bend on other side of cylinder
In this case you can copy&paste the resulting polygons directly into the active/selected mesh - or use Tools->Mirror to flip the selected polygons along a certain Axis. Mirror tool has properties.

Cheers
Frank

ok, merge works however there is another issue. When I use silver material the area, where two meshes were penetrated before I import children, looks broken...

1550402062623.png

1550402086362.png

You need to get rid of the children objects as described - they are doubled after the process what you can tell by the shading.

Cheers
Frank

Back