Interior Archviz Scene - HDRI Lighting Problem

Hi Swizl

Not bad at all for a test.

If you want a few ideas, here they are:
1. would go a bit nearer to the sign, so it dominates the product some more.
2. The white block in the right is a bit disturbing. Good to have something there, but ...
3. The wood texture would maybe look a bit better in the other direction and a bit smaller
4. More DOF, not too much. Try to use the app as you would a real cam (without the problem of buying flashes for thousands). What apperture would you use for a photo?

That with SketchUp seems a good idea, something in between modeling it yourself and have a finished model, certainly saves time. But in your spar time you could model some of this stuff yourself :). Come on, wouldn't it be nice to have some of your own models in the catalogue, the secret stars of any scene (without some props they wouldn't work)? Actually it's sometimes more difficult to clean up such a model than creating it yourself from scratch.

Agreed, all good points. I had some of the same thoughts as the ones you listed. My boss will 99.999% probably crop in close on the sign image anyway. So most of the image won't be seen. It's good to leave more room around the edges depending on the aspect ratio that needs to be cropped though. I've had to get creative before on how to crop real photos for these when the photos were already taken up close.

I agree about modeling the background myself, but I'm in a time crunch most of the time. The catalog is to be finished before the New Year and printed for the beginning of 2019. I'm off on vacation for two weeks also. So that just leaves it up to my boss to finish what I couldn't before I left on holiday.

I'll continue practicing though. There's always more than can be done or learned. ;)

Back