How do I correctly load these files into a model ?

Newbie here. I am getting deeper into Cheetah each day and enjoying ever minutre of it but I have come across something I have no answer for due to my frustating and lingering ignorance.
I have just downloaded a Blender model and imported it as a 3DS model into Cheeta3D. It has four textures attached, the one material, a UV.png, is obvious and has already been placed on the the model. Looking good so far. However I have three more to add and I have only a basic idea of how to add them because I really don't know the difference between the actual files and how they should best be added.
The remaining files are....image_AO.png, Image_h.png and UV_norskin.png.
Can they be opened directly in the UV window and how would I do that ? I guess they could be added as materials directly but which file goes where in the material list.
Thanks for any help
Limey

I believe AO.png stands for ambient occlusion map - There's an explicit channel in the PBR-shader.
h.png could be stand for height which might fit as a bump-map or displacement-map which needs more geometry and the displacement-modifier.
If norskin.png is a bluish map it's a normal map and can be used at the bump-channel either with the material- or PBR-shader.
Here's to a quick intro to the new PBR-shader. Hope you get an idea. I need to update the intro as the shader got updated in the meantime.

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
I believe AO.png stands for ambient occlusion map - There's an explicit channel in the PBR-shader.
h.png could be stand for height which might fit as a bump-map or displacement-map which needs more geometry and the displacement-modifier.
If norskin.png is a bluish map it's a normal map and can be used at the bump-channel either with the material- or PBR-shader.
Here's to a quick intro to the new PBR-shader . Hope you get an idea. I need to update the intro as the shader got updated in the meantime.

Cheers
Frank
Hey Frank that PBR link brings me back to this same thread.

Here's to a quick intro to the new PBR-shader . Hope you get an idea. I need to update the intro as the shader got updated in the meantime.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks Frank
one other quick question if I may, or do I need to start a new thread ?
This is a low poly model, can I refine the crude areas a bit by working within the UV map instead of fooling around with the actual mesh itself ??
Yes, the PBR link does bring me back to this post.

rude areas
Ok ok - the "c" didn't get selected. o_O
I have no idea without seeing the actual model. If the shading is a bit harsh maybe change it to "phong" instead of contraint at first.
Editing a UV-mapped mesh will cause issues for sure.

Cheers
Frank

Back