Group image of a band ...

... but as paintings. And I am just painted in the back =) Love you Cheetah.
The original portrait images that the paintings are based on, are mine to.

room_me_900.jpg

Nice work! Great idea, great composition, great models, textures and lighting!
Well, the ice in the bucket is a little bit lacking ;)
--

Thanks. Yes thats right with the ice, looks strange, I often have problems with transparent objects getting dark areas. After many years Im still a beginner in the world of 3d, so I often miss rather obvious things.

Usually I plain love your stuff. This time not so much, to be honest. The idea, as usual, is great, but there are some minor parts which take much from the picture.

The sore thumb of the ice was already mentionned, but the bottle is wrong, too. It doesn't look like glass at all, like the metal foil doesn't look convincing. The seams on the seats are to strong, the palette is a thad to big. The floor texture, in my opinion, is too small. You probably could do better with the texture on the staffage, too.

Sorry to be such a nibbler, but I really love the idea, and from the quality of your other great images I feel, that you could make a picture that's not just ok, but really great with this idea. As Shift Studio said, the idea and the composition are really great.

Thanks. I agree. The bottle and ice is not good. The palette could be a little smaller. Earlier I changed the colors on the palette to be more like the paintings and added a guitar on the empty space of the wall. So maybe now is time to learn and fix the ice and champagne =) And also to change the angle on the poster on the floor to get more of the roll of it.

Attachments

• room_me_fix_900.jpg
    room_me_fix_900.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 314
Usually I plain love your stuff. This time not so much, to be honest. The idea, as usual, is great, but there are some minor parts which take much from the picture.

The sore thumb of the ice was already mentionned, but the bottle is wrong, too. It doesn't look like glass at all, like the metal foil doesn't look convincing. The seams on the seats are to strong, the palette is a thad to big. The floor texture, in my opinion, is too small. You probably could do better with the texture on the staffage, too.

Sorry to be such a nibbler, but I really love the idea, and from the quality of your other great images I feel, that you could make a picture that's not just ok, but really great with this idea. As Shift Studio said, the idea and the composition are really great.

A more discerning eye- I agree all around. Still as mentioned it’s a fun concept. With some more work the issues can be fixed. Ice is tough imho. Glass and foil- not too much effort I hope.
— shift studio.

The ice is now better ( Photoshop is good to help ) and the bottle, and added a Dobro on the wall, changed the angle of floor poster and some morel. ( all models are free versions found online, some retextured ).

Attachments

• room_me_fix_III_900.jpg
    room_me_fix_III_900.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 342
Much better, but I have to admit it still doesn't work for me as your pictures usually do.

The floor texture seems a bit small to me, which makes the pic a bit ... busy, unruly, to restless for the eye. And the textures of the guitars don't look that convincing to me (I would make them lighter, but I'm not sure if that would take away the focus which should stay on the images).

The floor pieces are a little wider now , and is about the size of what we had in my parents home. so to me they are ok. The brown guitar took a little to much attention when I tried some lighter textures, so I kept the dark one. I Just wanted to fill the space on the walls.
But thanks for all comments. I missed a lot of things.

A few suggestions for composition:
• Move champagne bucket to coffee table (don't want condensation to get on chair)
• (Maybe add some condensation to bucket)
• Add some champagne glasses ... or just pass the bottle around? ;)
• Add brighter light to center of composition (doesn't have to cast shadows, just to something to vary the brightness)

Attachments

• painters.jpg
    painters.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 329
Back